Monday, October 19, 2009

A Night at the Cinema

College students are pansies. I'm sorry, but that's the truth. My brother (known here as 'Allen') and I went to see Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho at the local International Cinema. It was my first time watching the whole movie, so I was rather excited. I love watching Hitchcock films; the psychological 'glitches' in the characters are so incredibly engrossing that I think about them for days after.

So there I was, reading a spy novel before the movie, my brother Allen moodily texting Mom ('Mother's not quite herself today') saying that we had gotten seats (it's a free cinema, so it can run out of seats fast if the movie is popular enough). I tried to start a conversation with Allen, but he didn't respond, choosing to glare at the 'lowly college freshmen' that were present (he sometimes forgets that he, setting aside his 'superior mind and political views' is also a college freshman). I gave up on conversation.

At 1917 hours, the movie started. And--inevitably, perhaps--the students talked through the whole opening credits, which slightly bothered me, as the opening credits set the mood for the film (especially this one).

Sure enough, the students talked throughout, and laughed and screamed in all the wrong places. It was somewhat amusing, though.

But not to Allen. Allen acted as though it was a crime to humanity and ranted after the film about the 'immaturity of college students' who 'don't appreciate real cinema'.

I had to stop myself punching him in the shoulder and yelling 'BUCK UP!' After all, we're not all as tolerant as me...scratch that. MANY people are MUCH MORE tolerant than I am.

Special Agent A. Lee

Post Script: Madame President, I was actually referring to the sound-enhancing ones, though the regular ones would be nice to have as well. And don't even THINK I'm letting you anywhere near the exploding ones--things things are FLASH-BANGS. Even though they're small, they're still composed of magnesium and mercury.

You still want to borrow them?

I thought not.

No comments:

Post a Comment