Thursday, November 10, 2011

Never Again

I was very excited to take on my new assignment; it did, after all, include a training camp in Guatemala, followed by a two week wilderness survival drill in rural Chile.

It was a recipe for success which morphed into utter disaster.

In Guatemala, I was the only female agent in the program at the time, meaning I bunked with a bunch of morons who thought it was cool to waste training ammo by shooting as squirrels and (I kid you not) clouds. Needless to say, I was less than impressed.

In Chile, it rained the whole two weeks and it was nearly impossible to get anything done with those stupid tremors (every shelter I built was demolished). After a particularly nasty tremor, a tree fell on my leg. I am currently out of commission (although I did finish the exercise).

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm excited to go back to my old job. Being Madam President's bodyguard is certainly challenging, but at least things get done. And she's not that bad to be around.

I'll be back in commission next week, starting back up at the White House. What a relief!

S.S.A Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment